The Mutual Learning Program is unique! Our philosophy is based on:
- A bottom-up approach: instead of telling people how to change, we invite organisations and professionals to share their know-how, experiences and challenges to inspire change.
- Day-to-day practices: experiences of our participants, enriching materials and discussions will be central to the program.
- Human relationships: we are nothing without the relationships with children, families, communities and other stakeholders.
In other words, we are interested to hear from YOU. In our international community, care-practitioners get connected with each other. Get inspired by like-minded people and those who think differently. Rich and fruitful conversations guaranteed.
TWICE A YEAR
Twice a year we open the doors to our 6-month program. Provided in English and Spanish, our methodology contains of two main elements:
- The online MLP platform for learning and sharing of materials, including discussion forums.
- Regular Zoom sessions for discussion and reflection.
METHOD AND CONTENT
Every group consists of +- 15 organisations with 2-3 representatives each. Because we make the commitment to work together for six months, we invest in getting to know each other. The program consists of four modules with a zoom session every two weeks (12 in total).
1. Collaborative and dialogical practices (1.5 month)
1. Phylosophy and premises
The position of not knowing
2. How to generate dialogue
3. Open dialoge
2. How to work with families and communities (1.5 month)
1. Impact of institutionalization
2. Case management
Needs assessment, intervention planning, reporting and follow up, networks around the family
3. Reintegration processes
How to work with families in specific situations like crisis, loss and abuse
3. The "HOW" of transformation (1.5 month)
1. Gatekeeping Practices
Preventitive Care, alternative FCBC
2. Transitioning process from institutional care to FCBC – Experiences of local organisations
3. Networking and Advocacy
Sessions with other actors of the child protection system
4. Mutual take care of the caretaker session
PREPARATION ZOOM SESSIONS
We ask you to review materials in advance of the sessions, including:
- Existing publications
- Existing video materials
- Tailor-made presentations
- Tailor-made video materials
In addition, we invite you to actively participate and share your reflections in the forum before each session by responding to questions related to the content of each module. There is also the possibility of sharing other materials which participants regard as useful.
In the Zoom sessions, you will be invited to join the dialogue with other participants by giving your unique insight on the revised materials and videos. Most importantly, your valuable experiences might inspire others and the other way around, while everyone is collectively trying to solve case studies. Each session takes max. 2 hours.
After completion of the programme and a good attendance rate, you receive a certificate.
Click on the menu below to read more details about our upcoming programs!
- Opening Session: the 25th of August
- Collaborative and Dialogical Practices: the 1st, 15th and 29th of September
- How to work with families: the 13th and 27th of October and the 10th of November
- The “How” of Transformation: the 24th of November, 8th of December and 12th of January 2023
- Take care of the caretakers, including wrap up session: 6th of October, 17th of November, 19th and 26 of January 2023.